Friday, January 20, 2006

Kate Beckinsale, grades, everything else...

So I just went and saw the next installment of Underworld. It's a vampire movie. Gruesome, but not terrifying. The only real complaint I had about the content was the extended sex scene. As I concentrated on the subtleties of the theater floor, my peripheral vision nonetheless picked up lots of horizontal shots along the long axis of the two main characters getting very horizontal with their long axises. Sigh...What else is going on? Well, I got my grades back yesterday, well almost all of them. My Harvard class has yet to report in, hopefully an A. My GPA has remained stable, but hasn't gone up, and 3.5 isn't good enough. An 'A' and 'B' is all I know so far. I have another year and half to take care of things, and I think I can get myself back up to a respectable 3.8+ by then. I also am struggling to maintain my patience with (a) Gordon-Conwell's ridiculously short administrative business hours (they are barely open for a total of 4 hours a day!) and (b) the nearly impenetrable bureaucracy of Boston College (where I am registered for a class on Virtue Ethics). Underpaid young Protestants on one end, senile spinster Catholics on the other. Errr... Oh well, it's a great class, and people are very nice, just not very helpful at times. I am listening to Bad Religion right now, how fitting. As for Boston College itself, and my class, it all looks rather nice. My class is taught by 50-something Jesuit fellow from Brooklyn. He went to school for 17 years apparently (not counting High School) before embarking fully on his teaching career. He is HILARIOUS. He still has his Brooklyn accent, and breaks up pretty much any prejudice you have about Catholic teachers. Boston College is gorgeous; plenty of neo-Gothic architecture, old stone buildings, a beautiful Cathedral, and it's built on the western outskirts of Boston. It's wonderfully long and relaxing ride on the T (Boston's Subway) out there, and its nice geographically, being built on some low hills. Well, cheers everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never pegged you as a bad religion kind of guy....

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home