Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Red Hot Chili Peppers New Album "Stadium Arcadium"

This is easily one of my top 25 albums ever I think. When I bought it, the audiophile at the record store said something like, "It's like a 'Greatest Hits album' of new songs." I was a bit skeptical, and was expecting something between a one trick pony and the standard mediocrity of bands in their middle age. I was proven most delightfully wrong. As usually happens with me and the Chili Peppers, it's not the track that gets the most radio play that I like the most, (though 'Dani California' is a good song) it's the entire album as it fits together. I don't know if RHCP built Stadium Arcadium as a concept album or an 'art' piece, but both discs and all 20+ songs on them really do flow together musically and lyrically. I recommend it highly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy,
I don't know man - the pepper have never really done it for me, though Crystal likes it.
Cheers
JM

1:51 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

New Post...New Post

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home